1. Libraries are an essential part of a vibrant community.
2. The cuts announced by the current government, and supported to a large extent by the opposition, are a threat to the future of libraries.
3. This effects everybody who works in libraries, both temporary and permanent staff.
4. This threat to libraries is a threat to our communities as a whole, including other public services.
5. Library Workers For A Brighter Future has been set up not only to oppose the cuts, but to explore the alternatives and map a brighter future for public libraries and the communities they serve in Sheffield.